- 3 medium eggplants, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of brown lentils
- 1/ 2 cup corn kernals (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup green peas (frozen)
- 1 carrot, chopped into small chunks
- Basil, chopped
1. Thinly slice 3 medium eggplants and lay them on baking trays (I used baking paper underneath). Sprinkle a bit of salt on top and cook in the oven on 200 deg C for about 30mins (keep an eye on them).
2. To make the sauce, fry up some chopped onion using water (keep adding water a little bit at a time until onion has browned).
3. Add the garlic, and cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant
4. Stir in the tomatoes, lentils, carrot, corn, peas and basil, and bring to the boil.
5. Let the sauce simmer until the eggplant is ready.
6. Put your favourite pasta on to cook, I prefer brown rice pasta for this!
7. When the eggplant is browned, cut into smaller strips and mix into the pasta sauce.
6. Serve the pasta and sauce together, and enjoy!